English at experience? Why not! – A survey
„experience“ is an english word, of course so why don´t we have any camps in which you can speak english?
For me, it doesn´t make sense and it leads to the question if I am the only one who thinks so. So I did a survey on the idea to create an english-speaking camp or in general to have some english influences in our camp journey and these are the results:
1 Do you like english in general?
- Nicola: No, I don´t like it, because I am not so good in it!
- Charlotta: Yes, I like it!
- Lilly: Yes!
- Melisa: Yes!
- Aaron: Well, yes!
- Aykut: Yes, I like it!
2 How many and which languages can you speak?
- Nicola: I can speak german and latin.
- Charlotta: I can speak three languages: german, english and a little of norwegian.
- Lilly: The languages I can speak are german, english and a little of french.
- Melisa: I can speak turkish, english and german.
- Aaron: My mother tongues are german and polish and I can speak russian too.
- Aykut: I speak german, turkish, english and a little of japanese.
3 Would you like to join an english speaking camp?
4 What do you think about the idea to have some english influences on experience?
- Nicola: I don´t know, but I think: It could be good!
- Charlotta: I would like it!
- Melisa: I think it would be better to have only german in the experience camp!
- Lilly: Maybe it´s good!
- Aaron: That would be cool!
- Aykut: It´s not necessary to have english influences.
5 Tell me one or more funny english words or your favourite english word!
- Nicola: I have no idea!
- Charlotta: My favourite english word is friendships.
- Melisa: That´s „exactly“ because a canadian girl pronounces this word really funny.
- Lilly: At the moment, I don´t know!
- Aaron: „Dog“ was my first favourite english word because I hId a dog then too!
- Aykut: I just thought about „moustache“ (Schnurrbart in german) because it sounds really interesting!
In conclusion I noticed that not everybody likes english the way I do but at least half of the people I asked would like to join an english- speaking camp and maybe that would be enough english influence on experience- which is the other peoples opinion too.
It was a great experience to do an english interview and to get to know other people better too – the language results for example were interesting and the words of the last question quite funny for me 🙂
Autorin: Leandra M1